Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

More About The Lou Blatz Story

I'm feeling better about the story. As I said yesterday, I did a character sketch on Lou Blatz and got to know him a little better. Today I used my John Truby's Blockbuster program and put the story through the paces. The end result was that I came up with a story that had more depth.

I think this piece is going to be a lot darker than my previous Huey stories. It is due in part to the nature of Lou Blatz; he is naturally a dark and dreary character. Huey, on the other hand, has an optimistic streak running through him. He doesn't know how it's going to happen, but somehow he's always going to land on his feet - his big clown feet that is.

After I'm done with this one, I think it's going to be the tightest mystery I've written so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment