Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Untitled Rant

As I read on a Facebook post that one of my favorite writers has gone off to Egypt, it is hard to obey the 10th commandment, thou shall not covet. Sometimes, I catch myself living vicariously through my favorite novelists.

I dream about getting a good book deal, hefty advances in working with publishers such as Thomas and Mercer. But with all this in mind I need ask myself, why do I write?

I could go on all night with reasons about why I'm a writer .  But the underlying reason is that writing is an addiction- there are a lot worse addictions I could have .

I live and breathe writing. I think about it before I go to sleep and I dream about it. 

All of that aside, I find I do my best writing when I quiet my thought and silence my senses.  It is then I can just sit down and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment